Hudson’s Hope is located 40 miles north of Chetwynd, BC, on Highway 29.
Visitor Information: Visitor Centre in log building at Beattie Park.
A Hudson’s Bay trading post was established here by Simon Fraser in 1805. Hudson’s Hope was also the head of navigation for steamboats on the lower Peace River until 1936, the year of the last scheduled steamboat run. Modern development of Hudson’s Hope was spurred by construction of the Peace Power project in the 1960s.
Lodging and dining available at 2 hotels and 4 restaurants. Other services in Hudson’s Hope include Beattie’s RV Park with camping and suite rentals phone 250-783-5460 or email. There are 2 gas stations, a laundromat, general store, bank, post office, supermarket, and convenience and hardware stores.
- Historic log St. Peter’s Anglican United Church.
- Hudson’s Hope Museum, housed in the former Hudson’s Bay Post store, has fossils, arrowheads and pioneer displays.
- Tour W.A.C. Bennett Dam, one of the largest earth-fill structures in the world.