Visitor Information: Tourism Victoria Visitor Centre at 812 Wharf St., overlooks the Inner Harbor; phone 250-953-2033.
This is the capital city of British Columbia and is a major tourist destination for international travelers. As such, the city offers an extensive array of accommodations, dining experiences, shopping and sightseeing opportunities.
- Legislative Buildings and the Royal British Columbia Museum.
- Have tea at the iconic Fairmont Empress (very popular, reserve in advance), it overlooks Victoria’s Inner Harbor.
- Rent bikes and ride the Galloping Goose Trail.
- Discover the colourful floating homes of Fisherman’s Wharf, the roaming peacocks in Beacon Hill Park, or the unique local shops of Lower Johnson Street (LoJo).
- Explore the open ocean while looking for marine wildlife on a day cruise.
- Butchart Gardens. Butchart Gardens is dog-friendly and has plenty of RV parking.