McBride is located on Yellowhead Highway 16, approximately 132 miles east of Prince George.
Visitor Information: Phone 250-569-3366; 1-866-569-3366.
The village of McBride was established in 1913 as a divisional point on the railroad and was named for Richard McBride, then premier of British Columbia. Forest products, agriculture and tourism are the mainstays of the local economy.
McBride has food, gas and loding; supermarkets (with deli), convenience stores, clothing stores, The Whistle Stop Gallery, several restaurants, a pharmacy, hospital and 3 gas stations (2 with dump stations). Full-service camping at Beaverview RV Park and Campground. There is an Internet cafe that serves homemade soup and sandwiches in the train station.